Durable Labels for Challenging Outdoor Environments
Technically speaking, setting your business up with a bunch of labels for everyday indoor use is quite easy. Assuming they will be both stored and put to use in fairly ‘normal’ atmospheric conditions, they’ll probably get the job done just fine.
But when you take things outdoors and bring exposure to the elements into the mix, you need labels on an entirely different calibre; the more challenging the environment, the greater the importance of choosing labels that can perform their duties – whatever the weather.
Contrary to popular belief, this is about more than simply selecting materials that are durable enough to be used outdoors. You also need to think about the tack level of the label, the type of ink used to print the necessary information on the label and resistance to things like oil, chemicals, extreme temperatures, and so on.
High-durability outdoor labels are available for all types of purposes, but it is important to know exactly what you need before ordering. This will enable you to customise all essential aspects of the labels you order, so as to ensure they are capable of fulfilling their duties adequately.
When Do You Need Durable Outdoor Labels?
Most people will encounter a broad range of outdoor labels on a daily basis, without even realising it. City streets, pavements, parks and professional settings across the board are strewn with hundreds of different types of purpose-made outdoor labels.
For example, just a few of the environments in which high-durability labels play an essential role are as follows:
• Building sites: Health and safety regulations make it a requirement for construction sites to feature a dizzying array of warnings, along with instructions on how to safely use machinery and so on. All calling for labels of immense durability for such heavy-duty environments.
• Farms: The same also applies in agricultural environments, where farmers and other workers rely on durable outdoor labels for a long list of practical purposes and to maintain health and safety standards.
• Playgrounds: Outdoor stickers used in playgrounds can serve a broad range of purposes. They can brighten up equipment, they can advise parents on how to keep their kids safe, and they can specify who is and is not suitable for the various attractions on offer.
• Recreational equipment. You will rarely (if ever) come across a bike, a boat, a kayak or anything else of a similar nature that does not feature one or more important safety labels.
• Marketing stickers: Of course, outdoor stickers also play a massively important role in the marketing efforts of most types of businesses. Stickers in general can be one of the most cost-effective ways to boost a brand marketing strategy.
In each of the above instances, the labels used to provide important information must be able to withstand all types of weather conditions. Hence, it is not as simple as just choosing the first generic labels that come along, as not all labels are suitable for outdoor use.
What to Consider When Ordering Outdoor Labels
Before placing an order for outdoor labels, it is important to take into account the following factors:
1. The size and shape of the labels you need
2. Legibility of the information they contain
3. Whether they need to be seen and understood from a distance
4. Potential exposure to hazardous conditions
5. If the labels need to be permanent or temporary
6. What type of material they will be affixed to
If you would like to discuss your labelling requirements in more detail or have any questions about the different types of labels we produce, contact a member of the team at Mercury Labels today.